Thursday, August 27, 2009

the BEST part about paris

......is the Croque Royale! I am telling you, if I could eat this thing everyday I would be the happiest girl on the planet.

One of my first nights in Paris I went to dinner with Marie and one of her friends near the Palais Royale and I had my first encounter with this amazing delight. As a goodbye lunch to myself I suppose I went back to the Cafe Royale and ordered up another one. Here's what it is:
A ham tomato and cheese melt on toast with a fried egg on top - all served over a salad of lettuce and tomato with this herby dressing. MMMMMM. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I love this sandwich so much; it definitely deserves its own entry! I will try to recreate at home, but I am sure nothing will compare to the original!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment