Wednesday, August 12, 2009

jumping the pond


I made it!! I am writing this post from my new office as I sip on some french cafe and feel the sunshine coming in through the giant open windows...life is good. In fact, I already feel those french vibes. This trip didn't start off so fantastique though, I must admit. As I hung on to Brandon in the drop off zone at RDU, tears were streaming out from underneath my sunglasses. I kept trying to tell the tears to stop, but they have a mind of their own and began to pick up speed. The only thing to do was grab firmly onto the handle of my red suitcase and wheel it down the sidewalk.


One bottled of ice cold water, a bag of crunchy cheetos (not the poofs), and a brand new US Weekly and I feel better. Glad to know that even though Jillian the bachlorette has been deceived by Ed, at least she was able to help me through my tough time. At that moment waiting at the terminal, I was very nervous – the anxiety from the unknown is a little daunting. I have my Euros, my passport, my ‘look at me I’m a grown up’ lap top bag. I am truely ready for this - let’s board and do this thing.

1 comment: